CEO Job Vacancy
We are looking for an ambitious Managing Director to drive the business forward. The successful candidate will work with an established, capable team and Board of Directors, which includes finance, sales, mechanical, electronic, algorithms and software engineering.
The day to day focus is on leading the business, splitting time between engineering/project management and the commercial aspects of running the business; working closely with sales on key accounts to support their efforts with customers including 3D printer manufacturers and manufacturers from sectors such as healthcare, aerospace and automotive; and general leadership to ensure the company is focussed on achieving its targets.
The ideal candidate will be a natural leader, capable of managing projects and delivering complex programs to sophisticated customers - experience in a customer-facing role will be invaluable. Proven team leadership is required, as is an emotionally intelligent leader who is comfortable working in the technology environment. They will have a strong attention to detail, and be able to work with a highly-skilled, well-qualified team to get things done in a consensual manner. The role holder will report to the Board of Directors and is likely to have experience of making key decisions within a technical SME environment in the past.
We have created a business which will be an intrinsic part of the Industry 4.0 push and essential to manufacturers of industrial 3D printers (Additive Manufacturing Systems). This is a fantastic opportunity to help steer a company with massive potential, and to shape its destiny as it grows.
- Experience of leading teams within a technology-based SME
- Demonstrable project management skills
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, including eg hardware, software, electronics
- Familiarity with management of software teams including eg Agile
- Understanding of financial management and budgeting principles
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of sales process for equipment to manufacturing sector
- Previous experience in a start-up (ideally within a leadership role), or experience in a venture capital backed business.
- Previous experience attracting, hiring, and retaining a world-class team
- Product intuition, ability to empathise with users, as well as an appreciation for complex technologies – both ours and customers
- Knowledge of advanced manufacturing; an understanding of metrology and/or optical systems; familiarity with high performance computing concepts
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Participation in the company’s share option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid working with our base in Long Eaton, Nottingham, UK.
To apply for this job, please forward your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com